Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My husbands favorite meal!

I don't even remember where I got the idea or what they called this recipe. What I can tell you is that my husband really enjoys it  when we have this his favorite meal.

Ingredients:
Roast Beef
A-1
Green Bell Pepper, Orange and Red too(sliced)
Onion,sliced
Sliced Cheese(Your favorite)
Submarine Buns


Here's how I make it:
I put all the sliced veggies in a skillet with some A-1 and cook until things start to get soft.

When the veggies are almost done I put the roast beef in 2 stacks in another warm skillet with the sliced cheese on top, just until the cheese starts to melt.

When everything is done I put some more A-1 in the bun. Then I add the roast beef with the veggies being stuffed in last.

I cook a roast and then slice it for this meal. I freeze the slices in freezer bags in just the 2 stacks that I want so that I can pull it out one bag at a time. We also freeze the buns with 2 in each bag.

Oh, and for the sliced cheese I get a few slices of pepper jack but my husband prefers a horseradish cheese from the deli. Again, we just get a few slices each.

We always wait to eat this until after the kids have eaten something else. This saves us money, and makes it our special meal. However, it also means that I don't know if the kids would eat it.




I am linked up at Joyful Mothering! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like something my husband would love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy this is easy to make and makes my husband so happy! I sure hope Rafael likes it too!

      Delete